[gnutls-help] Cert retrieve callback question

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Apr 25 09:08:50 CEST 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-24 at 21:20 +0000, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have code that sets cert retrieval callback with gnutls_certificate_set_retrieve_function2(),
> and from within that callback checks whether the server required the certificate by calling:
> gnutls_certificate_client_get_request_status() and expecting "non-zero".

The value returned by this function is set after the callback is
complete. I'll check to fix that, but you don't need to call this
function to check whether a certificate has been requested. The callback
is only called when a certificate has been requested.