[gnutls-help] GNU TLS and extensions/supplemental data

Thierry Quemerais tquemerais at awox.com
Fri Mar 13 14:53:03 CET 2015

Hi Nikos,

Thank you for your reply.

Please find attached to this Email, the patch I made to achieve my goal.

For your information, I also found an issue in GNUTLS which does not handle supplemental data type > 255.
This fix is included in this patch:
-			buf->data[sizepos] = 0;
-			buf->data[sizepos + 1] = p->type;
+			buf->data[sizepos] = (p->type >> 8) & 0xFF;
+			buf->data[sizepos + 1] = (p->type) & 0xFF;

This patch do different things:
	1) It allow to add extensions support from public API: gnutls_ext_register
	2) It allow to add supplemental data support from public API: gnutls_supplemental_register

To achieve my goal :
	I changed the way supplemental callback are stored. (gnutls_supplemental.c)
	I moved extension en supplemental structure to gnutls.h header.  (gnutls_supplemental_entry, extension_entry_st)
	I created an opaque struct for strings (typedef struct gnutls_buffer gnutls_buffer_st;) and I added a function to append data in this buffer (Used by extension/supplemental callbacks).

Feel free to contact me if you have any question or if something doesn't look like your expectations.

Regards,
Thierry.