[gnutls-help] GNU TLS and extensions/supplemental data

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Mar 9 19:05:06 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-09 at 12:30 +0100, Thierry Quemerais wrote:
> Hi all,
> 1)      Is there any way to register extensions and supplemental data
> callback out of GNUTLS (With public API). I found no way to do it
> without changing GNUTLS source code, does I missed something ?
> 2)      If no, I plan to make this work and to re-distribute it and I
> would like to know why (if there is any reason like security) this
> work have not been done ?
> Why no public API is available to add and handle customs
> extensions/supplemental data ?

Hi,
 In a re-organization of the code the exported functions were removed
because they would have to depend on an internal API. The reason was
that I had no time to implement an API which would allow to register
extensions in a way that it would not depend on internal functionality.
Said that, if you sent a patch with a clean API which doesn't depend on
internals (*), to register extensions and supplemental data, I'll
include it.

(*) or export the minimum necessary so we can rewrite the code without
changing the API