[gnutls-help] Certificate verification error

Yujin Kim hk501jy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:03:31 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to compile sample code  ex-client-x509 & ex-serv-x509.

But when I excute ex-client-x509 & ex-serv-x509, It displays
the following message

cert verify output: The certificate is NOT trusted. The name in the
certificate does not match the expected.
*** Handshake failed: Error in the certificate verification.

I already copy ca.crt & key.pem to /usr/local/share/ca-
certificates.Also I check /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates
and there existed 'GnuTLS Test CA'

How can I make sure that the server's certificate was
issued by the CA that the client knows about the trust?

Thanks.