gpa usage questions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@intevation.de
Wed Aug 8 19:07:01 2001

--T/yvDUeUQRtJzDrt

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:30:19AM -0400, paul rodr=EDguez wrote:

> First, is a key generated using gpa inherently less secure than one
> generated using gpg directly? (it is certainly *much* faster on my
> system)
No. If gpa is working correctly it will use gnupg to do the real work. So you can use gnupg and gpa interchanging. When running gnupg the key generation allows you to select more parameters, like the key-length. The default is fine, though.
> Second, where does gpa store the public and private keys it generates?
> (particularly when creating multiple keys)
At the same place where gnupg stores it, in your secret keyring.
> Can these keys be used on more than one machine?
Yes. (With all the drawbacks and security considerations attached to this method.)