English gnupg-w32-1.0.4-17 version?

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Mon Feb 19 09:24:00 2001

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 11:01:50AM +0100, pplf wrote:

> I'm the webmaster of "OpenPGP in french" http://www.openpgp.fr.st
>
> I've tested your GPA/GnuPG german version at
> ftp://intevation.de/users/jan/gnupg/gnupg-w32-1.0.4-17-de.exe, and even
> if I don't understand the german language, I'm very impressed by your
> work.
>
> Every day, I receive one or two e-mail from Windows users (and some are
> professionals like doctors or big companies) who want to leave PGP 6.x /
> 7.x and use GnuPG, and I'm forced to say to them : "GnuPG is only
> command-line" :-(
>
> I know that your work is only beta at this time, but do you plan to
> release a GPA/GnuPG english version ? Some advanced Windows users would
> be able to test and debug it.
German version is now accompanied with an english version. There is also a french version but it is basically an english version with a french installer :-) Please note that there will be soon a cleaned up new revision placed on the official gnupg/gpa ftp server. Note also that the current versions (expecially the Windows one) of gpa are no stable releases.
> Another thing : how many work is necessary to do a french version
> (number of lines to translate) ? If you want, I can search someone to do
> this translation, or do it myself if this is not to big.
It would be very nice to have gpa in french. Basically you need to create a .po file like the de.po. Please ask on the gpa developer list for help in contributing to gpa. Roughly counted there are 328 strings to translate. Cheers Jan -- Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/ Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ FreeGIS http://freegis.org/