Validating User Input

Bernhard Herzog bh@intevation.de
17 Jan 2001 14:44:01 +0100

When run in interactive mode, gpg --gen-key does some simple validation
of the user input. GPA should probably do the same, especially if gpg in
batch-mode does so too. It would probably be best to use exactly the
same code for validation in gpg and gpa. Would it be easy to do that,
and where should it be put, gpapa or the gui part of gpa? This would be
especially interesting for the key generation wizard which should
validte the input as soon as possible, i.e. whenever the user clicks on
the "next"-button.

Anyway, I just found out that gpapa_create_key_pair fails silently, i.e.
doesn't call the callback with an error message, if I use "للل" (Three
a-umlauts in ISO-Latin-1) for the name, but the key pointers are NULL
afterwards.

  Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/