Determining whether a key has been signed

Bernhard Herzog bh@intevation.de
22 Jan 2001 12:40:13 +0100

Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> writes:

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>
> > out whether that's he case? The only way I see at the moment is
> > iterating through all the signatures of the selected key and comparing
>
> That's the same thing gpg does. There is not other way to find it
> out.
OK. That's what I've done now (code is in the keyring_editor_can_sign function in keyring.c). I noticed, though that the self signature of the key is apparently not present in the list of signatures I get with gpapa_public_key_get_signatures. Is that by design or is it an implementation detail. I'm a bit surprised by this, because gpg --list-sigs lists the self signature just like the other signatures. The main reason I asked, though, is that I'm somewhat concerned about efficiency. This code will have to be run everytime the selection may have changed, which basically means for every mouse click in the list of keys. Bernhard -- Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ Sketch http://sketch.sourceforge.net/ MapIt! http://mapit.de/