windows registry

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan@intevation.de
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:15:40 +0100

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:45:01PM -0500, Rich wrote:

> > > just checked in some stuff that reads registry for path
> > > to gnupg data and for the gpg program itself (if compiled
> > > for Windows).
>
> Curious why this is needed if GNUPGHOME is properly defined?
AFAIK it is not that easy to properly define a system variable in Windows that is * immediately valid * working the same on all W's I dont't know much about Windows, but why do installer programs not allow to set environment variables? Perhaps it is official concept of MS to drop environment variables and instead use the registry? Jan -- Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/ Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/ FreeGIS http://freegis.org/