List if User IDs

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Jan 26 15:15:01 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Bernhard Herzog wrote:

> applied to the entire key. Likewise, the key sign dialog probably
> shouldn't ask whether all ids or only a subset should be signed. I'm not
> sure about this, though. We'll have to discuss this further.
It is better to have only the option to sign one selected user ID instead of all user IDs together. You are often not able to sign all user IDs.
> > It is initialized to NULL by a memset().
>
> Yes. Found that a little later :). However, there's no guarantee that
> the NULL pointer is actually represented by zero bits, even if that's
Ah, not again this thread. Using memset to zero out a structure is okay. There are only a very few strange systems where the NULL pointer is not represented by all zero bits and the compiler has to translate each pointer assignment which is not possibly if you just zero out the memory. If someone wants to have this software run on such a strange system, he has to port it (which actually is quite easy) or pay someone to do it. Adding separate initializing for dynamically allocated stuff is very prone to errors. Some compilers on really used systems even complain about incomplete initializings like: struct foo bar = {0,}; Werner -- Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> GNU Privacy Guard (http://www.gnupg.org) Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsfeurope.org) [Please see X-* mail header for OpenPGP key info]