Ägypten web-site update

Simon Josefsson jas@extundo.com
Fri Oct 12 21:09:01 2001

Michael Häckel <Michael@Haeckel.Net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I think in general this structure looks well, from the point of view
> of KMail, besides this LDAP issue.
[snip] <shameless plug> For finding certificates and CRLs, DNS can also be used, in particular the CERT RR. Gnus support this scheme since a year. It seemed as if LDAP was a design requirement for you, but it may be interesting to consider DNS as well, I believe it solves alot of the practical problems present with LDAP. Some references: Cert RR spec: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2538.txt Using the CERT RR for S/MIME: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pkix-dns-00.txt Alternative approach: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schlyter-appkey-00.txt How SSH use this approach for their keys: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-dns-key-format-00.txt </shameless plug>