GPA release 0.5.0

Michael Mauch michael.mauch@gmx.de
Thu Jul 4 17:37:01 2002

Renato Martini wrote:

> The problem now is clear... My just now is why the configure don't
> aborted the process of compilation in this line "checking whether we
> are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... yes"? The reply "yes" is
> not correct my glib is 1.2?!

The GNU C library (glibc) is not glib ("The GLib library of C
routines", as it is announced on Freshmeat
<http://freshmeat.net/search?q=glib>).

To find the version number of glibc, try "ls -l /lib/libc*". For glib,
use "glib-config --version".

Maybe you should stick with gpa-0.4.3 <http://www.gnupg.org/gpa.html>
for the moment - it works well. Gpa-0.5.0 is a split development, which
is going to be merged with the main GPA tree in the next time.

Regards...
		Michael