Can't compile gpa, getting error in make

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Jun 14 18:31:01 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 01:16:06 +0200, Miguel Coca said:

> I volunteer for that.

Many thanks for this.  This will help us a lot to get GPA development
straight againt.  And frankly, I hope that this will also lower the
amount of questions regaring the different URLS and versions of GPA I
have to answer.

> I have already contacted Peter, and got his support. I will begin the
> ChangeLog as soon as I receive a series of diffs leading from 0.4.3 to 0.5.0
> he'll send me.

Any news on this (I know that Peter is almost always quite busy)?  As
an alternative you might want to create the diffs yourself and work
through them - feel free to post questions to this list, so we can try
to answer them.  AFAIK, some build problems are due to post-processed
Makefiles bypassing the autoconf.

> I think the right way to do it would be to post the ChangeLog for each diff
> here, along with it, as I finish it. That way it can be reviewed before
> being committed into CVS.

Don't put too much work into these ChangeLogs.  They should merely
give the reader an understanding what changed.

GPGME has now a way to utilize the glib or gtk event loop and thus
some things will get much easier.

> Are there any particular guidelines for the ChangeLog that I should follow,
> other than the usual ones from the GNU coding standards?

There are some Windows oddities we have to take into account, but
these are only minor things and we should be able to fix this later.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner