GPA-0.5 ???

Peter Gerwinski peter@gerwinski.de
Wed Mar 20 15:21:02 2002

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> In order to protect these people we probably have to
> call the gpa-0.5.0 unofficial.

There seems to be a misunderstanding:

GPA was initially written by G-N-U GmbH and companies paid by
G-N-U GmbH. We are still the copyright holder of most parts of GPA.
It was me who invented the name "GNU Privacy Assistant".

The fact that one version is located in the `gnupg.org' domain does
not make it more official than the copyright holder's one.

I do not claim that gpa-0.5.0 is perfect; there is a lot of clean-up
work left to be done - including the merge with the current CVS
version and a contribution to GTK+. I have no time to do it right
now, but it is on my schedule.

However if you prefer a fork, you are free to do it - it is free
software.

(Hmm... I take some GPLed software (my own one, but let's forget
about that for the moment) and do two months of development on it.
After giving the result to the public I get flamed for not doing it
"the right way". World is strange ...)

    Peter
--
(_G-N-U_)   Dr. rer. nat. Peter Gerwinski <peter.gerwinski@g-n-u.de>