GPA-0.5 ???

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat Mar 23 13:18:02 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:43:44 +0100, Benedikt Wildenhain said:

> discuss about every change; but Peter has directly edited some Makefiles
> (he does not know how to use auto.+) and it probably would not be the

This is the reason we have mailing lists to ask and there is still the
option to ask me.  Actually there is no need to fiddle a lot with the
autoconf tools because the system is setup properly and I can
instantly build a new distribution as well as a binary for Windows
(modulo the installer stuff).

> documentation about these tools and if somebody gives me the possibility
> to have write access to the official cvs - tree I will change the files
> used by auto.+ and aclocal and integrate the new source files created

We can talk about CVS access later; given that it seems you are not
yet so experienced with the development model and our tools I hesitate
to do this right now.

The first step to merge the changes back would be to write a proper
ChangeLog so we can see what and where things did change.

> Of course, there also where some people testing the new gpa features.

But probably noone with an umlaut in per name ;-)

  Werner