GPA `improvements'

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Nov 11 18:01:01 2002

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 21:45:32 -0500, Francis J. A. Pinteric wrote:
> Ok, I've downloaded your CVS copy and (after much fiddling) got it to
> compile on my RH 7.3 system. You've already done exactly what I've been
> trying to do, so I guess I don't need to send in the patches I made to
> 0.4.3 :-). Well, I only spent about a day on it, and most of that time was
> getting the "lay of the land" on the code.

Sorry about that :-)

But, if you have any ideas, they are welcome.

> The new version looks pretty good.=20

Thanks, but it still needs a lot of work. Specially there are a lot of UI
tweaks I'd like to do.

> As for compiling the CVS, I had problems.

Wow, that looks like too many changes. For me it works out of the box, and I
think it should for you too :-) All your problems sound like
autoconf/automake not working properly. I think our autogen.sh requires
automake 1.6, are you using it?

If you are, I would be interested it the output you get from autogen.sh.

> Anyway, after I compiled it, it boots up and looks good. Haven't looked at
> it in depth, but a cursory look at it uncovers a bug where the signatures
> are not displayed in the Signatures tab.

Yes, that's a known "bug". Gpgme (the library) does not support key
signatures at this moment, so we can't use them in GPA. However, that's
being worked on right now, and I'll add it to GPA again as soon as possible.

> Which begs the question: when you download the cvs, what else besides
> autogen.sh and configure do you need to do to make it work?=20

Just that. Having gpgme 0.3.12 and gnupg 1.2.1 is highly recommended, and
may be needed for some features (for example, deleting keys did not work in
gnupg < 1.2).

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es