Problems compiling GPA

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Fri Nov 15 15:00:01 2002

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:59:51 +0100, Markus Gerwinski wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hello,

> I'm currently trying to compile the latest CVS version of GPA on SuSE
> Linux 8.0 and on W**doze XP with Cygwin.
>=20
> On SuSE Linux 8.0, autogen.sh produces the following output:

I swear I'm beginning to hate all that "auto" stuff :-)

> Question: Where is the macro directory I have to move the *.mp4 files to?
> It's obviously _not_ my installation directory; I already tried that,
> without changing the error.

That should be done by aclocal (it adds all the files needed to your
aclocal.m4 file). Do you have it installed? Which version?

> And: Where do I have to place config.guess and config.sub?

They are included in the CVS version, in the top directory, but that's just
a generic error message.

> On W**doze XP with Cygwin, I must add "-mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields" to the
> compiler options of gcc to enable linking to GTK. Question: In which file
> (and where inside the file) do I have to write them in order to tell
> autogen.sh to generate an appropriate "configure"? (The options must be
> included as well to the compilation statement of the GTK test program,
> else "configure" won't run to the end.)

Try to add this to configure.ac:

CFLAGS=3D"$CFLAGS -mno-cygwin -mms-bitfields"

It can be anywhere in the file, as long as it's before the AM_PATH_GTK_2_0
test. If that is required only under Cygwin, I suggest that you add a target
option to the "case" statement on line 54.

Regards,
--=20
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/