Problems compiling GPA

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Mon Nov 18 14:59:01 2002

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

Miguel Coca wrote:
> Sorry for not replying to this message along with the other one. My incoming
> mail server seems to have taken the weekend off, and I didn't see it when
> checking the list archive.

Seems a quite common problem right now. I'm also getting some mails with
several days of delay.

> Well, you can just work around your problem, in this case. Download the
> gpgme 0.3.12 tarball and work from there. It includes an already generated
> and known good configure, aclocal.m4, etc...

Yay! For Linux, that was it! I finally managed to compile the current GPA here!
:-)  Thank you very much!

Now the only problem left is Cygwin. Here, gettext (Version 0.11.5) refuses to
compile. The "make" aborts with an error message:

  undefined reference to `__libs_libimp_cyggettextsrc_0_11_5_a_iname'

Do you have an idea what he's complaining about now? -- It seems, this is the
last hurdle. On Linux, installing an up to date gettext solved my problems with
GPGME. I hope, after compiling gettext, I'll be able to compile GPGME and GPA
in Cygwin, too.

> Unfortunately, there isn't such a solution for GPA, as the configure scripts
> are different from the 0.4.3 or 0.5.0 tarballs. But if you get really tired
> of banging your head, tell me and I'll send you a copy of my working
> directory :-)

Thanks! At the moment, I'm getting new hope to make the CVS stuff run without
too much more head-banging. &;-)  But maybe I'll get back to your offer.

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--