[BUG] Pinentry doesn't show DESC if it contains non-ASCII chars

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Oct 4 07:41:02 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:06:14 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:

> 1. The 'ö' in my name is wrongly encoded as %FF%FF. It should be encoded
> as %C3%B6 which is the utf-8 encoding of 'ö'.

Signed unsigned problem.  Fixed in gnupg; 1.2.1 will be released in a
few days.

> 2. It seems pinentry-gtk doesn't show the description if it contains
> non-ASCII characters. Even if it can't display some characters it
> should still display the characters which can be displayed.

I can't reproduce this.  However, you are right, we silently assume
the current character set and don't do any conversion.  The protocol
should use utf-8, so wee need to convert in pintentry-foo.

Thanks,

  Werner