can't use gpa unless gpg is run manually first

Marius Andreiana mandreiana@rdsnet.ro
Sat Oct 5 08:51:02 2002

Hi. With
gnupg-1.0.7-6
gpa 0.4.3
on red hat linux 8.0

When started, gpa prompted to generate a new key, which I did.
I chose to create backup keys and when finished it gave a warning: no
public key. Ran gpg by hand
[marius@localhost marius]$ gpg --list-keys
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: /home/marius/.gnupg: directory created
gpg: /home/marius/.gnupg/options: new options file created
gpg: you have to start GnuPG again, so it can read the new options file

Ran it again to create pubring:
[marius@localhost marius]$ gpg --list-keys
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: keyring `/home/marius/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created

GPA worked fine after this (created a new key and all).

--
You don't have to go to jail for helping your neighbour
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/