Where do I get the Keyserver protocol plugin?

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Sat Oct 5 20:32:01 2002

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 09:56:20 -0500, Keith Hudson wrote:
> GPA (cvs)

Good. If you find any bugs, please tell me. The current CVS probably has a
lot of them, because a lot of changes were needed to use Gpgme. Also, be
aware that not all of the functionality has been replaced.

> When I run Import from Keyserver I get a error:
>
> There is no plugin available for the keyserver protocol you specified.

The keyserver plugins are the gpgkeys_* programs used by gnupg to access
keyservers. GPA now calls those programs directly, instead of using gpg or
gpgme.

What gnupg version are you using, and which keyserver are you trying to use?

For HKP keyservers, such as the ones in the default list, you need either
GnuPG CVS or 1.2 compiled passing --enable-external-hkp to configure. It's a
good idea to use the CVS version, as the helpers in it provide error codes
for GPA that makes it easier to tell whether something has gone wrong.
Anyway, you should be able to use LDAP keyservers. Try to use server
ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370.

Also, for GPA to find the helpers, you need to compile it with the same
setting for $(libexecdir) as gnupg uses (that shouldn't be much of a
problem). I think it'll probably a good idea to make configure search for
them more agressively in a release.

Hope this helps,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es