Where do I get the Keyserver protocol plugin?

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Oct 7 04:39:02 2002

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 08:33:43PM +0200, Miguel Coca wrote:

> For HKP keyservers, such as the ones in the default list, you need either
> GnuPG CVS or 1.2 compiled passing --enable-external-hkp to configure. It's a
> good idea to use the CVS version, as the helpers in it provide error codes
> for GPA that makes it easier to tell whether something has gone wrong.

I'm a little concerned about using the CVS keyserver plugins with GPA.
The CVS keyserver plugins are likely to change soon to a slightly
different protocol to better support keys with multiple user IDs, and
it is likely to break GPA.  I don't worry about this with GnuPG itself
as the correct versions of the plugins ship with GnuPG.

It's probably okay for now with everything in CVS, but it might be
good to think about a way for GPA to find out the version of a given
plugin so it knows what arguments to use.  I can make the plugins
respond with a version number if called in a certain way, or perhaps
configure can do the check.

David