Where do I get the Keyserver protocol plugin?

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Oct 7 12:42:02 2002

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 22:39:38 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> I'm a little concerned about using the CVS keyserver plugins with GPA.
> The CVS keyserver plugins are likely to change soon to a slightly
> different protocol to better support keys with multiple user IDs, and
> it is likely to break GPA.

OK, I'll make GPA check the version.

If you are going to change the protocol, I would like a small improvement in
the error codes. The way they are reported right now is fine for most cases.
But when there is a network error, such as host not found, or connection
refused, the plugin just dies silently. The only way to know an error
happened is checking it's exit code. Maybe you could report those errors
too?

> It's probably okay for now with everything in CVS, but it might be
> good to think about a way for GPA to find out the version of a given
> plugin so it knows what arguments to use.

Well, we can find out the GnuPG version we are using with Gpgme. As you
said, the plugins ship with GnuPG, so knowing that should be enough. There
is no change needed on your side.
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/