GPA and GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Tue Oct 29 18:32:01 2002

Hi everybody,

It's been very long since I last sent a status report to the list. But my
port of GPA to GPGME has advanced a lot in this time, and is almost
complete, save for a few issues that should be solved in GPGME.

These are listing of key signatures and backup of keys just after generation
(backup at any other time works fine).

I'm testing GPA with the latest stable GPGME (although with a simple fix of
my own that I've already sent to Marcus) and GnuPG 1.2.1 and it works fine.
If someone finds any bug, please tell me.

So, I would like to share some thoughts with the list.

Due to the way keyserver support has been implemented, we can only access
LDAP servers with GnuPG 1.2. So, the default keyservers in GPA must be
changed. Are there any particular LDAP keyservers we should use? I mean,
ones that are in some way related to GnuPG?

Also, concerning the user interface, I don't like the fact that GPA uses
"trust" to refer to both the key trust and the owner trust. It would
probably make sense to replace "key trust" with something else. However,
based on my own experiences as a newbie, I dislike using "validity". Are
there any suggestions?

In line with that, I'd like to keep the "change ownertrust" dialog out of
the edit dialog. That way we could reserve "edit" to manage your own private
key. For example, to manage user ID's and subkeys.

Well, that's all for today :-)

Regards,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es