kmail openpgp plugin problems

Ralf Nolden nolden@kde.org
Sat Jan 18 21:27:03 2003

On Samstag, 18. Januar 2003 20:36, Tom Badran wrote:
> Firstly, i set up everything exactly as the aegypten projects website
> describes except using pinentry-gtk instead of qt as reccomended by ralf,
> and btw im using ralfs debs. I also have been using the same gpg setup for
> a long time without problems from the command line.
>
> Strange problem, i can encrypt emails fine, im not asked for a password and
> all works well, to myself and to others. However i can sign messages, i get
> a pop up box saying :
>
> This message could not be signed!
> The Crypto Plug-In '/usr/lib/cryptplug/gpgme-openpgp.so' reported the
> following details:
> #19 : No Passphrase
> Your configuration might be invalid or the Plug-In damaged.
> Please contact your system administrator.
>
> Also, when recieving an encrypted message i get:
>
> Cannot decrypt message.
> Error: No passphrase.
> Content could *not* be decrypted.
> reason:
>     Crypto Plug-In /usr/lib/cryptplug/gpgme-openpgp.so could not decrypt
> the data.
> proposal:
>     Error: No passphrase.
> End of encrypted message
>
> Like i say, it works encrypting, but not decrypting or signing, and im
> never asked for my passphrase. I am definately using the plugin and not the
> inline version (i activated the plugin and in the new message dialog it now
> defaults to "OpenPGP (plugin)".
>
> Any Ideas?

Hi Tom,

I've updated the packages again due to that Matze found out that apparently it
doesn't work with libgcrypt-1.1.11 but requires 1.1.10. Also please make sure
that you *don't*  use any of the original packages from unstable in
conjunction with the aegypten stuff, but my packages. That makes it easier to
track down any problems. Especially those are:

libgcrypt
cryptplug
gpgme

Ralf