gpgsm: Problem with certificate

Marc Schiffbauer marc.schiffbauer@siemens.com
Wed Jan 22 12:09:02 2003

Hi all!

I'm currently testing kmail with S/MIME Support (aegypten)
Ralf Nolden from KDE recently made nice debian packages for this
which I am using.

All seems to work fine (plugin initialisation, pinentry-qt etc).

But I have a Problem with my S/MIME Certificate:

I am able to import our (Siemens) CA Certificate as well as other
users public certs.

But I cannot import my own secret S/MIME certificate file which I
got from our security people and is already signed. This cert ist
protected by a passphrase and I am able to import it into mozilla
mail for example.

Here is the output from gpgsm:

marc@bart:~$ gpgsm --import
docs/siemens_intern/security/Marc_Schiffbauer_cert_backup.p12
Warning: using insecure memory!
gpgsm: no issuer found in certificate
gpgsm: basic certificate checks failed - not imported
gpgsm: total number processed: 1
gpgsm:           not imported: 1
marc@bart:~$

gpg-agent was running at this time and is configured.
(started with eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)")

My config:
marc@bart:~/.gnupg$ cat gpg-agent.conf
pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-qt
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 1800
marc@bart:~/.gnupg$ cat gpgsm.conf
agent-program /usr/bin/gpg-agent
dirmngr-program /usr/bin/dirmngr
disable-crl-checks
disable-policy-checks

marc@bart:~/.gnupg$ which gpg-agent
/usr/bin/gpg-agent
marc@bart:~/.gnupg$

Any hints?

Thanks in advance
-Marc
--
*   /V\   Linux             * Marc Schiffbauer, Linux Consultant   *