GPA, the GNU Privacy Assistant, version 0.6.0

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 29 12:22:12 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:35:44PM +0100, Miguel Coca wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 23:13:36 +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 28. Januar 2003 13:24, Miguel Coca wrote:
> > > It's here:
> > >
> > > ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/GnuPG/alpha/gpgme/gpgme-0.4.0.tar.gz
> > Is that the one that is approved to work with Aegypten and should be
> > upgraded to for production purposes or should I leave my packages
> > with the prior 0.3.x version ?
>
> As far as I know is the 0.4 branch is still under development and
> subject to incompatible changes. For example, what will become 0.4.1
> is not compatible with 0.4.0 due to changes in the signature
> verification interface.

Even worse, there will probably 3 or 4 more incompatibility changes.  There
are some obsolete features (like idle function) that will be removed, and I
am currently cleaning up the engine/wait model.  There is also an important
bug fix that affects external event loops.

It is unlikely that any of these changes will affect existing programs much,
though.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de