New gpgme 0.3 release

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Nov 22 19:21:08 CET 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:23:53 +0100, Albrecht Dreß said:

> It is actually quite confusing that the gnupg website still marks the 0.3
> series as stable and 0.4 as alpha, without even mentioning libgpgerror. I

Well, it is called semi-satble or at least it should be called so.

>> 0.4.3 "unstable". libgpg-error is not mentioned at all. I am looking
>> forward to gpgme and libgpg packaged together in one package - possibly

I'll add an entry for libgpg-error to the website.

It is unlikely that we will include libgpg-error in gpgme because this
is hard to maintain and libgpg-error is used by 4 packages right now.
The API will also never change in an incompatible way, thus there
should be no migration problems.

Regarding gpgme 0.3 : I did this update merely for the sake of KDE
because they are activly using it with the cryptplug.  Becuase NewPG
is not longer maintainer we need a path to migrate to gnupg 1.9 and
thus it seemed to be obvious to add something to gpg 0.3 so that gnupg
1.9 will be usable without updateing the entire KDE.

Please use gpgme 0.4.3 etc. if you you can do this without too much
hassles.

Thanks,

  Werner

--