gpa: "cannot open shared object file"

Miguel Coca mcoca at gnu.org
Sun Nov 23 12:35:57 CET 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 00:00:55 +0000, Peter Silcock wrote:
> I'm trying to run GPA on Fedora Core.  Despite a successful build and
> install, I receive the following message when i try to execute GPA from
> the command line:
>
> gpa: error while loading shared libraries: libgpgme.so.11: cannot open
>
> I've tried all the obvious things (putting /usr/local/lib in my PATH,
> creating a symbolic link in the /usr/local/bin directory, etc.) but
> without success.  Any suggestions please?

Have you tried adding /usr/local/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable?

As a more permanent solution, append /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
and run ldconfig as run, so that libraries in that directory are
automatically found.

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca (mcoca at gnu.org)             http://miguel.cocabarrionuevo.com/