[issue36] gpgmeplug crashes when a cert contains >1 email [RT 1771]

Marc Mutz aegypten-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jan 15 22:14:52 CET 2004

New submission from Marc Mutz <marc at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>:

Migrated from RT:

Hello,

I am using the S/MIME module in KMail and it works ok mostly often. However,
when a signed
message arrives that has more than one e-mail adress in it, gpgmeplug causes
kmail to crash.
Console output is as follows:

stefan at tischrechner-suse:~> kmail
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature status flags: 3
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature found email: <post at danielwinkler.de>
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature found email: <info at dw-systems.de>
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature found email: <winkler at skynet-it.de>
*** KMail got signal 11 (Crashing)
stefan at tischrechner-suse:~>

This happened with a cert from Thawte Freemail Certs. Another cert from the
same
company
(which only contained one mail adress) worked fine. I can send the mail in raw
text if that helps.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

currently I am using KMail 1.5.3 with KDE 3.1.3. The issue is still there. I
didn?t import the cert at all, I just got a signed mail and during the
process of opening the message the crash occured.

messages: 112
nosy: marc
priority: bug
status: chatting
title: gpgmeplug crashes when a cert contains >1 email [RT 1771]