gpg agent difficulty

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jul 16 21:25:09 CEST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 19:39, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:49:04 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:
> > gpg-agent is part of newpg. So you need to install newpg even if
> > you don't need S/MIME support.
>
> No, no, no.  newpg is dead and replaced by gnupg 1.9.x.

Yeah, and everybody (I'm talking about fellow KDE developers and not
about users) apart from Marc (and probably a few others who know the
secret incantation) seems to be unable to make KMail work with the new
stuff. The old stuff OTOH still works perfectly for me and some other
people after they removed the new stuff. I didn't even bother to
install the new stuff so far because I see no benefit (I don't need
S/MIME) and because the reports of the others who tried it don't
exactly make me want to try it.

Regards,
Ingo