gpg agent difficulty

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 00:27:29 CEST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 8:25, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 16 July 2004 19:39, Werner Koch wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:49:04 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:
> > > gpg-agent is part of newpg. So you need to install newpg even if
> > > you don't need S/MIME support.
> > No, no, no.  newpg is dead and replaced by gnupg 1.9.x.
>
> Yeah, and everybody (I'm talking about fellow KDE developers and not
> about users) apart from Marc (and probably a few others who know the
> secret incantation) seems to be unable to make KMail work with the new
> stuff.

Interesting, I had to use the same tweak to get both working. When I had an
older KMail and newpg, I had problems getting the gpg-agent environment
variable recognised using .xsession and had to put it into startkde. When I
upgraded KMail and switched to gnupg1.9 (after a change from Mandrake to
Debian) I had exactly the same problem and the same solution. Ever since,
signing using MIME has been faultless. Maybe it's just Debian.
:-)

--

Neil Williams