[issue107] kmail: identity conf: not enough details for the certificates

Bernhard Herzog aegypten-issues at intevation.de
Tue Mar 9 16:42:06 CET 2004

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

The dialog that lets me select certificates for signing and encryption in the
identity configuration of kmail doesn't show enough details about the keys.  For
one user I'm presented with three certificates that are good for signing.  Two
of them have the same subject DN but have different key ids.  I don't know the
id of hte keys I need to select here by heart so I have to start the certificate
manager   (which I can't from kmail because the dialog is modal....) to figure
out which one to use.

It would be better if I could see the details of a key like in the certificate
manager.

assignedto: marc
messages: 465
nosy: bh, marc
priority: feature
status: unread
title: kmail: identity conf: not enough details for the certificates