gpg-agent Problems

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 12 13:49:10 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:08:23 -0500, Ian Scott said:

> No, netstat -lxp does not show gpg-agent.

Then gpg-agent is not listening for unknown reasons.

> Ok, I removed 2 // before   /home.  Get an error message, which I've never
> seen before:
> failed to open log file `socket:/home/ian/.gnupg/agentlog': No such file or
> directory

The 2 extra slashes are important becuase they indicate that logging
should go to a socket.

> Would you believe it is now working??!! Oh boy, I feel silly now!  But I am

While working on dirmngr I had the very same problem yesterday; it
turned out that dirmngr used an old version of the logging code and
that is what your gpg-agent also uses.

I did some fixes to the logging code and the daemon initialization on
2004-10-21.  That change went into 1.9.12 and solved a problem some
people had when using Mutt.  Please update if you want to use
[k]watchgnupg.

  Werner