GPA contacting keyservers

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Nov 8 02:23:33 CET 2005

At Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:51:13 -0400,
Gary Graham <garysaved at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Has anyone had a problem contacting keyservers recently?

The keyserver support in GPA was still at version 0, while GnuPG moved
on to version 1.

I have hacked some minimal support for version 1.  I am not sure it is
very robust, but it seems to do the job.  I also changed the default
server.  In SVN (wald.intevation.org):

2005-11-08  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus at g10code.de>

        * server_access.c (write_command): New argument scheme.
        (server_send_keys): Also to invocation.
        (server_get_key): Likewise.
        (check_errors): Don't look for errors if the exit status looks OK.
        * keyserver.c (keyserver_read_list): Use HKP server as default,
        drop LDAP surfnet server (seems to be down).

Thanks,
Marcus