strange gpa behaviour

Piergiorgio Sartor piergiorgio.sartor at nexgo.de
Mon May 15 22:54:06 CEST 2006

I already sent this, but maybe too early, so I send it again.

I noticed a strange behaviour of gpa 0.7.3 under Fedora Core 4.
I reported the thing to bugzilla (bug #190932) and, after some
discussion, it was suggested to ask in this mailing list.

The issue is: when gpa is started from bash (gnome-terminal),
everything works fine, it is possible to set the owner trust
of a key, for example, or to sign a key.
When gpa is started from menu (gnome-panel), set the owner trust
or signing a key does not work, it simply does nothing, no error,
no messages nothing, just no op.

Some additional info:

1) gpa 0.7.3 works fine under FC5 and win32 (from gpg4win).
2) seahorse has the same behaviour: it works always under FC5, it works
only from bash under FC4.

Any idea on how to nail this down?

Thanks,

bye,