strange gpa behavour under fedora core 4

piergiorgio.sartor at nexgo.de piergiorgio.sartor at nexgo.de
Tue May 16 13:00:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

well, the bash has set only HOME, COLUMNS and LINES of the environmental variables
mentioned in the gpg man page.

Looking at /proc/<pid of gpa>/environ shows some differences, between the
bash started version and the menu started one, but not related to gpg variables.
Mainly the bash version defines:

TERM=xterm (I dunno why, since gnome-terminal is used)
LS_COLORS=<something> while in the "menu" version is defined, but empty
DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID= (empty)
WINDOWID=16889068
COLORTERM=gnome-terminal

SHLVL is also different

Rest of the environment is the same (I diffed the two cases).

.xsession-errors does not show anything useful, only some complain about network
and the SESSION_MANAGER=local/<pcname>:/tmp/<something>

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

--

piergiorgio