PR 4

Lorenzo Cappelletti iw3axl@ir3ip.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:37:38 +0100

On Mon Jan 20 at 00:55 +0000, Noel D . Torres Ta=F1o wrote:

> What's the state of the art about PR 4?
> Actually, I think nobody is using UTF-8, and I'm using HTML entities,
> and I think there is no problem with the actual webpages working way.

One thing is worth being pointed out: encoding issue is not related to
final .html file, rather to .wml source file.

If your language didn't get displyed as expected, you could add an
encoding=3D"ISO-8859-1" in lib/i18n.wml and get the right risult.

The issue here is: what if a translator uses a text editor which garbles
others' translation just becuase they are in different encodings?

I have had some thoughts about it and I concluded that we might need a
bit more skillful translators who feel like they want to learn a true
text editor.  But that's all!

The best solution would probably be a gettext-like approach.  But this
way is not available at the moment.

--=20
email: L.Cappelletti@mail.com
Jabber: lolo@linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/