PR 4

Lorenzo Cappelletti iw3axl@ir3ip.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:27:57 +0100

On Wed Jan 22 at 00:19 +0000, Noel D . Torres Ta=F1o wrote:

> > One thing is worth being pointed out: encoding issue is not related to
> > final .html file, rather to .wml source file.
> I'm referring to wml files

Ok.

> > The issue here is: what if a translator uses a text editor which garbles
> > others' translation just becuase they are in different encodings?
>
> Actually wml files are pure ASCII, even spanish special characters (I
> don't know if werner has introduced some special german characters), so
> they can't be corrupted. The HTML entities I'm using are ASCII
> constructed, as you know.

For Spanish there wouldn't be any problem also if you didn't use
entities, I think, becuase Spanish uses a 1-byte encoding.  Anyway,
entities make things even stronger, of course.

--=20
email: L.Cappelletti@mail.com
Jabber: lolo@linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/