Proposal for xx.gnupg.org

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:50:48 +0100

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9

On Fri Mar 14 at 19:54 -0500, Dale Woolridge wrote:

>     Actually, when I asked "is this even desirable", I meant does
>     gnupg.org even want web mirrors floating around?  I realize there
>     must be a distinction between web mirrors and ftp mirrors within
>     the same region.

Well, web server doesn't carry very much data, but I think that
mirrors of web site is desiderable.

Come to think of it, I realize that there could be a conflict between
mirrors serving the same country.  Who should get the palm of
xx.gnupg.org?  The one which greater bandwith?  Or the mirror whose
webmaster replies first?

>     As to your question, I would think (1) works best, especially
>     with DNS for .gnupg.org and above in one place.  A reference to
>     www.xx.gnupg.org is merely a preference for xx, but failing its
>     presence, using www.gnupg.org makes the most sense to me.

Ok, so xx.gnupg.org falls back to gnupg.org if it is not set.  I agree.

--=20
email: lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Jabber: lolo@linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9--