Proposal for xx.gnupg.org

Dale Woolridge dale-list-gnupg-web@woolridge.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:54:25 -0500

--hHiQ9nAwW5IGN2dL

On 14-Mar-2003 00:31 Lorenzo Cappelletti wrote:
| On Wed Mar 12 at 03:50 -0500, Dale Woolridge wrote:
|=20
| >     This discussion presupposes the desire for having the web site
| >     mirrored at all.  There are several ftp mirrors, but there appear
| >     to be no web site mirrors.  Is this even desirable?
|=20
| Mmmh... you're right.  We've got two ways out here IMO.
|=20
| 1. Unexistent www.xx.gnupg.org points to www.gnupg.org
| 2. A look-up for www.xx.gnupg.org returns "server doesn't exist" error.
|=20
| Which one is the best?  Number 2 maybe?

    Actually, when I asked "is this even desirable", I meant does
    gnupg.org even want web mirrors floating around?  I realize there
    must be a distinction between web mirrors and ftp mirrors within
    the same region.

    As to your question, I would think (1) works best, especially
    with DNS for .gnupg.org and above in one place.  A reference to
    www.xx.gnupg.org is merely a preference for xx, but failing its
    presence, using www.gnupg.org makes the most sense to me.

regards.
--