Can we show in the main page...

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:35:55 +0200

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:20:03 +0200, Dov Margulis said:

> Dear Noel,

> It was the Arabic nations (Egypt, Jordan, Syria and others like Iraq !!) who
> disagreed and STARTED AN UNPROVOKED WAR ON US !!!!!!!!!!!

Whether this was provoked or not is an open question.  Both sides
increased provocation over the years.

I know the words from arabs leaders, that the Israelis will be thrown
out into the sea as mell as massacres committed a long time ago by a
Peace Nobel Price winner.  Not to talk about very suspicious things
during the Lebanon war and later on.

> As for the Palestinian territories, this issue is extremely complicated.
> We took the west bank from Jordan in 1967 for exactly the same reasons

Remeber the Oslo agreements and what the last governments made out of
it?  Tsss...

> Say that to the Kurdish people which Sadam bombed with nerve gas
> !!!!!!!!!!!!

Say that to the Kurdish people in Turkey who over the years had to
suffer under Turkish troops, detroying thousands of their villages and
killing uncounted of them.  Any of the western countries considered to
invade Turkey for human reasons or even raised a word?

> It's mainly used under Linux !!! ( but I accept the insult by behalf of the

Well it is mainly GNU/Linux.

> I don't see it on Gnu.org !!!

I see it on gnu-darwin.org

> You know Why - Because RMS doesn't mix politics and personal ethical views

That is up to him.

> You are missing THE POINT : GNUPG.ORG ISN'T THE PLACE FOR POLITICAL VIEWS.
> IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WAR !!!

I don't care.  The other option is to shutdown the site entirely and
have just a black page with note, when it will be up again.  Do you
prefer this?

> I agree that not everything is Kosher (I hope you know what that means).
> BUT GNUPG'S HOMEPAGE ISN'T THE PLACE FOR PERSONAL VIEWS !!!

It is not only my personal view but the one of millions and millions
of people all over the world.  It is the view of the majority of the
UN, the Pope, the Dalai Lama and whoever responsible person I can
think of.  Well, it is not the view of a stubborn club of themself
calling politicans on a crusade on their own and soldiers not
courageous enough to refuse their orders.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of