your mail

Noel D. Torres Taņo ndtt@ll.iac.es
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:08:24 +0100

[...]

> I totally agree with you and that why I decided to stick to W3C
> raccomandations using XHTML and validating the site with W3C's
> validator.
>
> Then a question arises: is it webdesigners' task to make tricky changes
> in order to circumvent bugged/non-compliant browsers?  You say that
> there's a browser version that doesn't render the site as expected.  I
> know of Netscape 4.7x which doesn't handle well CSS because of its
> age...

Yes, but old browsers were standard-compliant in their moment and we are
nobody to force the people to change thier software, or to change their
hardware to support the new heavier software.

> Well, I do believe that these are not webdesigner's concerns.  Standards
> are made to easy the work from different parties, like webdesigners and
> web browser programmers.

[...]

Well. But I think at least lynx must be checked independently. I think
javascript is not a W3C standard. Am I wrong?

Envite