Report about currently open gpgweb problem reports.

Noel D. Torres Taņo ndtt@ll.iac.es
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:40:25 +0100

Report about currently open gpgweb problem reports.

We actually have 9 open PRs, 4 of them belonging to werner and the other
five to lolo.
Of this 9 PRs, there are 1 suspended, 2 waiting for feedback, 2 simply
analized and 4 fully open.

I hope these clues can help to improve this statistic.

About the PRs themes, several of them fall in the "internationalization"
of our web. They are PRs number 4, 13, 17, 25 and 68, in greater or
shorter degree.

PR 4 (lolo, open) deals with encoding for our webpages. In my opinion,
we must use 7bit ASCII for the source (wml) files, and UTF8 for the
public (html) ones.

PR 13 (werner, open) simply suggests to delete the currently unused
directories from the old webpages. I think this is quite simple to do.

PR 17 (lolo, feedback) waits for Josep Teixidor to submit new formats of
the GnuPG Mini HOWTO translation to catalan. I checked the webpage and I
think these files are submitted and actually acessible. This PR must be
closed.

PR 25 (werner, suspended) deals with the URL containing brackets. Since
they're working, and they're part of Caudium implementation, I think
this PR can be safely closed. Moreover, There can be a discussion in
this ML about this, but the lasst word belongs to werner.

PR 68 (werner, analyzed) is about the caching of the *.html pages. The
actual system based in parentheses to select language allows us to
forget the system that includes the language code in the extension of
the file. I checked that requesting index.html.de resolves into
(de)/index.html and that requesting index.de.html produces the 404 error
page. I think this PR can be closed as it is.

The remainig PRs deals with different things.

PR 93 (lolo, feedback) is about a dead link in GPH that must be updated
by Mike Ashley. Is he informed?

PR 119 (lolo, analyzed) says that the webpage cannot be viewed with
Netscape 4.78. My opinion is that the site must be accessible to all
versions of browsers, not only to the most modern ones. This PR seems to
be waiting an answer from the originator (Tony Sanderson) since more
than two months ago. I think that answer will never arrive (unless it
arrived yet).

PR 134 (werner, open) Says that there is a bad URL in the source
distribution. I think werner must change that URL in the CVS for the
sorce distribution to talk about bugs.gnupg.org, and that lolo must set
up a redirecting page from buglist.html to bugs.gnupg.org.

PR 159 (lolo, open) Suggests to include PGG in the list of MUAs. The
frontend is inluded in version 1.21 of
related_software/frontend_list.wml so the PR can be closed.

Well, I simply tryed to help close those PR.

Envite