PR 119 [was: Report about currently open gpgweb problem reports.]

Noel D. Torres Taņo ndtt@ll.iac.es
Mon, 26 May 2003 01:09:05 +0100

Lorenzo Cappelletti wrote:

> On Fri May 23 at 10:11 +0100, Noel D. Torres Taņo wrote:
>
> > to previous standards. I think actually can be safe to support HTML 4=
.01
> > and CSS 1. I can't, for example, view some pages from my workplace.
>
> There's no problem with HTML 4.01 since XHTML is just a more strict
> revision.  IMHO, switching to HTML 4.01 would be as simple as changing
> the HTML file header.
>
> > The problem is not that specific browser, but the couple of old brows=
ers
> > all the world around. I can take care of that, if you want. I have so=
me
> > ideas to support them.
>
> Go on and share them with us! ;-)

For some pages I created in my previous work, I used a quite simple
method: I created a page with a javascript redirecting to another page,
HTML 4.01 Strict and CSS 1.0 and, if you can't view the javascript,
you'll see a HTML 2 page. The idea is to have two versions: one general
with latest standards (then) and another one suited for old browsers.
This one is HTML 2 without any kind of CSS, Dynamic HTML, Java nor
javascript. And it worked.

Envite