PR 119

Noel D. Torres Taņo ndtt@ll.iac.es
Mon, 26 May 2003 14:31:37 +0100

Werner Koch wrote:

> On Mon, 26 May 2003 09:17:28 +0100, Noel D Torres Taņo said:
>
> > Huh.. please remove my name from the reply, 'cos I'm getting your ans=
wer
> > twice!
>
> Please set the Mail-Followup-To: header accordingly and my software
> will use it.  I have manully set it for this mail but this is
> exceptional.  The reason for the MFT header is to allow the user to
> decide whether copy should be sent or not; a copy is very useful for
> non-subscribed addresses.  Mutt should do this if you have this list
> in your list of subscribed lists and you used the 'L' key to create
> the reply.

Huh? I don't use mutt, but Netscape (mutt would be painfull here). I
simply adjust the TO and CC headres, setting TO to the list and CC to
nobody (excepting if I'm answering a non-subscribed address).

> > About that javascript code, it was very simple: something like
> > onload(document.source=newdocument) in the HEAD section, with
> > newdocument being the version for newer browsers, that is, latest
>
> I have always disabled JS and thus won't get the modern page even that
> my browser is able to display them just fine.  The only piece of JS I
> feel confartable with is one that simply inserts a message "You have
> disabled JavaScript. For security reasons, we suggest to disable
> Javascript." ;-)

Yep.

Another possibility, thus not automated, is to have a button in the main
page linking to "Older standards page". This button MUST be placed
before any non HTML 2.0 tag in the BODY section, to be sure it appears.

Envite