Perl HTML::Clean?

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Mon, 26 May 2003 11:20:52 +0200

Hi everybody,

I managed to reduce the website size by a rough 10% (HTML files only).
I achieved this result by mean of the Perl HTML::Clean module which
cleans an HTML page by removing useless comments and whitspaces.

A 10% reduction means less bandwith waste both for mirrors and
especially for users.

Under a Debian box, HTML::Clean module is available via package
libhtml-clean-perl.  If Werner can install it on the server, I can then
commit the necessary changes to use it.

Translators are not requested to install the Perl library, on the
contrary they're encouraged not to use it since cleaned HTML code is
rather difficult to track down for bugs.

--
email: lorenzo.cappelletti@email.it
Jabber: lolo@linux.it

Vuoi aiutarci ad avere le descrizioni dei pacchetti Debian in italiano?
http://ddtp.debian.org/