webserver requirements

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:40:30 +0200

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:06:51 +0200, Lorenzo Cappelletti said:

> I haven't given it a try, yet, but it seems that it's as simple as
> providing a file (let's say content.var) which Apache will read to
> determine the available variants.  Of course, the file will be compiled
> automatically via WML.

This requires extra processing we can usally avoid by agreeing on one
charset, ER for special characters and the foo.en.html style.  The
latter has also the advantage that a "wget foo.en.html" downloads a
file with an html suffix, used by many editors to choose the correct
syntax highlighting.

And well, it is Apache specific

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner