Boa adoption

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jan 6 19:48:31 CET 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:37:10 +0100, Lorenzo Cappelletti said:

> 1. run a boa server on some port (8080?)

Is running for a long time already.

> 2. check out a fresh branch-boa_adoption

Done

> 3. run a "make init; make clog" in order to completely build the
> site

I adjusted the regular build scripts to cope with that branch and yes
it works.  So we are building the boa version at the same time as the
regular one and you can check the result at http://www.gnupg.org:8080

Unfortunately both versions will get build if any version of a
ChangeLog changes.

> 4. add the old URL handling to boa.

Would it be possible to renew the old script based old URL handling?
This has the advantage that we keep it in the CVS.

> The only question I came across is how we deal with old
> <http://www.gnupg.org/(xx)/> URLs.  I'm afraid that some people
> bookmarked URL with Caudium's syntax...

No problem.  I hacked Boa to strip a leading "/(ll)" prefix with l
being a lowercase letter.  That should be sufficient to keep it
working, although it will display the default language.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com