sponsored.html

Lorenzo Cappelletti lorenzo.cappelletti at email.it
Tue Jan 27 22:36:38 CET 2004

"Noel D. Torres Tan~a" <ndtt at ll.iac.es>, Sun 25 Jan 2004 22:02 +0000:

> -Will it be .wml-ized (to allow translate it)?

Well, I didn't mean to.  The share/sponsored.html file will be hardly
seen by a user for at least one good reason: the page contains the tag

which redirects the users to the mirror homepage with a delay as short
as possible.

> -It is clear that it will be overwritten for each mirror webadmin.
> But... is the intention for it to be overwritten by a similar page with
> a refresh link, or directly substituted for a page in the webserver?

By the reply above, one derives that the page is meant to be customized
by each webadmin only once.  Then the page shouldn't be rsync.

> About this question, to clarify:
> Option A for webadmins is to substitute the string http://www.guug.de/
> with an own (or maybe two, one URL for first two occurrences and one
> text for the last) string in the file
> Option B for webadmins is to delete the file and substitute it for a
> proper page or a symlink

A symlink is not appropriate because the mirror homepage would then be
<http://gnupg.mirror.org/share/sponsored.html>.  The proper way to deal
with it IMHO is to either replace the www.guug.de occurence or use a
Redirect directive.

BTW, I'm writing a small README about this topic.  I'll send it to you
whenever it's ready.

email: lorenzo.cappelletti at email.it
Jabber: lolo at linux.it
Fingerprint: 8CDD 3408 53B2 6122 99DA EE37 1523 68FC D906 4C08